Where I blog!

by Jess on August 30, 2010

On top of my printer is a yummy new recipe I want to try
from Woman’s Day Magazine for Green Chili!

I thought it would be fun to do something a little out of the “freebies & deals” norm for a second and join the “Where I Blog” party and give you a peek into where the magic of This Frugal Life happens – ha!

First of all, my desk area apartment is super boring, and my “office” is set up in my living room. I’ve lived here for a year and quite honestly, I have no clue how my dream girly apartment has stayed looking like a minimalist bachelor pad for so long :( I’m incredibly indecisive when it comes to decorating. It’s probably time to suck it up and get frugal & crafty about decorating this place, but my favorite place to find home decor deals – garage sales – have been so lame this year! If you know a good website with frugal decorating ideas, please let me know in the comments below! I need all the help I can get.

Perched at her favorite spot, my “child” Penny chills out while I blog about free dish soap :)
This picture makes her look massive!
Oh, and there’s my printer that I complain about. It’s basically just a decorative accessory at this point since it is unable to print because it doesn’t recognize its ink cartridge. Ugh. It’s a Lexmark X4650 that I picked up for cheap at Target and don’t recommend it to anyone!

…..and when I’m not blogging at my desk, I’m being incredibly lazy on my super comfy couch curled up in my favorite Barefoot Dreams throw blanket and typing away on my laptop. Usually the Vons circular, my coupon binder, and adored coffee are almost always nearby while I hunt for new deals and watch my favorite shows, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Mad Men or Entourage ;)

So there you have it! A peek inside my little corner of the world where I spend way too much of my day & night, and love every single minute of it :)

Sandy August 30, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Penny looks like she owns the place..lol
I've been looking at the posts "Where I blog" and just about everyone has the perfect little space to blog.. I do it in bed..haha (works for me)… so glad I stopped by.. and don't worry about your bachelor pad…it looks great!
Sandy

Jess @ This Frugal Life August 30, 2010 at 7:35 pm

She does totally own the place lol!

Thanks for stopping by, Sandy!

Jasmine August 30, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Cute Jess! I may have to join the "where I blog" crowd! I comfortably blog on my couch, my desk never gets used and it's nice to know others do the same! lol

Prohomemaker.Com August 30, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I *loved* this post! Call me a voyeur, but I like seeing where my favorite bloggers do their magic. Thanks for posting.

On decorating, a friend of mine from way back has a neat web site. I like her video tours of model homes, where she points out ideas. Hope it gives you some inspiration, but you have a good start — at least your home is neat!

All my best.
Harry

Jenni @ Sweet Pennies from Heaven August 30, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Very pretty desk area!! AND, I agree with everyone else. Looks like the cat owns the place haha. I blog right smack in the middle of my kitchen table on my laptop. Surrounded by me are all my coupon inserts I've yet to cut out, my coupon box, a box of diaper wipes, a can of diet mountain dew, a can of Great Value Canola Oil Spray (no idea why it's on the kitchen table), my son's Toy Story flashlight, 3 telephones, some Wallpaper that my son ripped from his wall, and so on…and so on…!!! I literally have to shove stuff from the table to make room for my laptop. That's the "method to my madness"! aaaaaaah :)

Anonymous August 30, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Do you ever watch HGTV or go on the website? Rate My Space might be helpful. I've never put a picture in but got some good ideas off other people's rooms.

Centsational Girl September 2, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Penny is priceless ! Hey, I am with you, move around and keep it cozy girl! Thanks so much for linking up this week, so fun to see everyone's spaces!
xo