1-Year Sunday Only Subscription to The LA Times Only $9.88! (19¢ a week)

by Jess on February 25, 2011

Wow, if you’re looking for a sweet deal on a “Sunday Only” subscription to the LA Times, Brittany, a reader, just let me know you can grab a full year of home delivery for only $9.88 when you place your order online and use coupon code 460024 at checkout. If the website gives you issues you can also call 1-800-252-9141and they can set it up over the phone.

I will say this, in my experience the LA Times has horrible, horrible issues with billing and actually starting your delivery. When I ordered from a similar deal last year I had to call them repeatedly because they weren’t delivering my paper after a month of subscribing. On the flip side, The LA Times usually offers the best high value coupons in Southern CA and at 19¢ a week that sure beats the $1.50 newsstand price any day.

(Thanks, Brittany!)

mpannek February 26, 2011 at 3:58 am

Ok, I saw this on Slickdeals a few weeks ago and I tried it online and it didn't work. I called the LA Times and the representative told me that offer was no longer available. She offered me a $26/year rate, which was cheaper than the rate I was under (I was paying $52/yr.). She applied it to my account (supposedly!). Now that I've seen you post this again, I tried to go online and add 2 more subscriptions and it worked!!! I just sent their customer service an email asking them to make the adjustment to my other 2 subscriptions. Crazy that I am going to get 4 copies now for less than I was paying for 1!!!

Thanks for posting. If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

AnneSoCal February 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I actually did this deal a few weeks ago. Ordered online on a Friday and had my first issue on my driveway on that Sunday! I just did it a second time yesterday so I can get two copies. The transaction went through just fine, so hopefully I'll be getting two Sunday papers tomorrow!

Jess @ This Frugal Life February 26, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Woohoo! I'm so happy it's working for you guys. Gotta love a crazy cheap Sunday paper :)

Melanie @ Mel, A Dramatic Mommy February 28, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Switching from my local paper to the LA Times has been great for my savings.

Evelyn April 24, 2011 at 12:21 am

I did it and the code went through. Paid $9.88! Hopefully I will be getting my Sunday paper! So excited! Thanks so much!

Karen Olson May 5, 2011 at 8:08 am

THANK YOU! I was spending $4.50 every sunday for three papers! Just placed my order for three copies at $29.64 for a full year. Delivery starts this sunday! Thanks!!!

Jess May 6, 2011 at 7:30 am

You’re welcome, Karen!

Dee May 6, 2011 at 8:23 am

I did it on line on 3/3/11 pd in full on CC printed the confirmation and they still messed it up. Took me 20 min. on the phone to get it fixed. Their billing department has major issues!
Make sure if you do it online to print your confirmation.

Danielle May 13, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Just got mine. Two papers deliv. each Sunday was under $20. Great deal.. thanks for sharing!!

Kristy May 20, 2011 at 10:44 pm

It worked! Sweetness!

david M May 26, 2011 at 11:43 am

It works, I called and gave the promo code, they did everything over the phone. less then 5 minutes, my first issue comes this Sunday!

charlotte cubitt May 27, 2011 at 8:59 am

So amazing, this just made my day! I feel grown up getting the la tIMES NOW! HA! ;)

Jess May 27, 2011 at 10:24 am

Haha! I know, me too :)

Carrie M May 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I tried on the website and it didn’t work, but I’m definitely calling first thing Tuesday morning!

Sharmyn May 31, 2011 at 5:48 am

I did it twice online with max of 3 each time. And already had paid through August. So I called LA Times and the rep said it is only for 1 copy per household at that price…OOpS! I’m getting 7 at that price paying less that 1 paper for the year! Thanks for the code!!!!

J Benavides June 2, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Just took advantage of this fabulous deal for 3 copies at $29 and change for a year… Can’t beat that! Thanks for sharing… :)

Mahealani June 5, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Woooo Hoooo! Just placed my order for 1 copy. Thanks so much!

cori June 26, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I live on the San Diego/Poway border. Anyone know if the LA times is delivered out this way??? I would really like to get multiple copies of the Red Plum inserts…

Tiffany July 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I just tried to use the code online and it said it ws invalid : (