You plan your trip down to the last detail, head to the store to pick everything up and excitedly head to checkout smiling ear to ear in anticipation of receiving your Catalina when all of a sudden…BAM! It doesn’t print! What happened?
Possible reasons why your Catalina didn’t print:
- You didn’t purchase an eligible product/size/flavor.
- You didn’t reach the minimum spending requirement. This minimum is typically before tax or manufacturer coupons unless specifically stated otherwise. Be wary of cashiers or managers that tell you it didn’t print because you used coupons.
- You didn’t scan your store loyalty or rewards card.
- The promotion has expired or has not yet begun.
- The machine may be off or out of paper/ink.
- There may be a printing delay. I’ve had a catalina not print out until the customer in line behind me finished their order.
- The system could be offline or down for updates.
- Catalina may not have programmed in all the participating UPC codes into their system.
What to do when your Catalina doesn’t print:
- Go to Customer Service.
If the promotion was advertised in the weekly ad or on the shelf, take your products up to to Customer Service and kindly explain you were expecting a Catalina coupon to print at checkout. They’ll verify you purchased eligible items and either give you cash back or force the Catalina to print. Unfortunately, if you were attempting to do an unadvertised catalina deal, the folks at the Customer Service desk may not be able to help you if they don’t see it advertised anywhere in their store.
- Contact Catalina Marketing directly.
Have your receipt handy and give them a call at 1-888-8COUPON or send them an e-mail at email@example.com.
They’ll ask you for specific info from your receipt such as the store name, phone number & address as well as what you bought, the time and date of purchase as well as the transaction ID number. You may need to wait up to one day for your transaction to show in their system. They’ll be able to verify if the promotion is valid in your area, if the machine was working, and if you qualify, they’ll mail you your missing catalina coupon.
Helpful tips for making sure your Catalina prints:
- If you are going through self-checkout, make sure the machine has a solid green light indicating it is “on”.
- Be friendly and let the cashier know you are expecting a Catalina to print at the end of your transaction. I find this helps with the feeling of being rushed out the door by the cashier once the receipt prints.
- Double & triple check the items in your cart. Did you grab the correct sizes? Did you meet the minimum spending threshold? A minimum spending requirement of $20 really means you need to hit $20, not “almost” there at $19.98.
- Realize there is an element of risk in doing catalina deals not advertised in-store or in the ad. If it doesn’t print, there’s a good chance you’ll need to wait for Catalina Marketing to mail it out.