Quick Ralphs Shopping Trip + Unadvertised Freebies

by Jess on March 24, 2011

Ralphs Mega EventI stopped in Ralphs this afternoon to grab some Strawberries for 99¢ a pound during their 8-hour sale and decided to quickly do another round of Mega Event shopping since I was able to get my hands on more Ronzoni coupons. While there, I also discovered a couple other deals I thought you guys might want to do too :)

My total out of pocket for everything pictured above was $7.01.
According to the bottom of my receipt, I saved $39.84.

By the way, I’ve decided Ralphs has become my new favorite store for couponing. My transactions typically go according to plan and I can always trust that all of my coupons will be doubled & not missed. Unlike say, Vons, where I’m at the Customer Service desk every single time I shop to fix coupon scanning errors. Ugh, what a pain.

Anyway….here’s what I did:

(2) Strawberries | 99¢ lb. (The limit is 4 but my store’s selection wasn’t too appealing)
= $1.98

(3) Haas Avocados | 68¢ each
= $2.04

(1) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix | $1.29
- 50¢/1 from SS 1/30 (exp 3/28!)
= 29¢

(5) Kool-Aid Packets | 20¢ each
- 50¢/5 Kool-Aid printable coupon
= FREE

(2) Pure Protein Bars | $1.00
- (2) $1/1 Pure Protein printable coupons (sign up for their newsletter & they’ll e-mail it to ya)
= FREE

(2) Skittles | 50¢ each
- 50¢/2 Skittles or Starburst printable coupon
= FREE (mmmmmm)

::Mega Event Items::
(This event requires you purchase 10 participating items for the prices shown below.)

(4) Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pastas | 49¢ each
– (2) $1/2 from SS 1/23 or printable here, here, here, here, or here
= FREE

(2) Frank’s Red Hot Sauce | $1.49 each
- (2) 50¢/1 from SS 1/23 or printable here (you can also use the FREE coupon from SS 3/13 if you got it. I already used mine.)
= 98¢ for both

(2) French’s Brown Mustard | $1.19
- 75¢/1 from SS 1/23
and I also used – 50¢/1 French’s printable coupon
= 38¢ for both

(2) S&W Diced Tomatoes | 69¢ each
= $1.38

Total out of pocket: $7.01
Saved: $39.84

Have you guys found any other unadvertised deals over at Ralphs? Do you have a fun Mega Event shopping scenario you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

If you want to see what other items are on sale at Ralphs this week with coupons, check out the list of Ralphs deals here.

Ali March 27, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Hi, I am not new to couponing, but am new to couponing in So Cal. I have relied so much on coupons doubling to get great deals where I used to live. Does Ralphs double coupons? Also, I see that Vons only doubles 1 coupon/transaction :/ When you shop there do you typically do multiple transactions or just forgo the extra money you would save if the coupon doubled? Thanks for your help!! :)

Jess March 27, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Hi Ali, welcome to Southern CA!

The “official” Ralphs coupon policy is that they will double one “like” coupon up to $0.50 per transaction. However, in the past few months multiple “like” coupons have been doubling in the same transaction. No one really knows when that will end and some stores are still only doubling one “like” coupon per transaction. You may want to test two “like” coupons in a single transaction at your local store to see what the registers there are doing.

As far as how I handle the limit on doubling at Vons, I’ll typically separate my coupons into multiple transactions. It’s a pain, but it works for me :) I only get two newspapers so I usually only have up to two sets of identical coupons to work with anyway.

jalynn March 30, 2011 at 11:52 pm

YAY i’m so happy to have found your blog! seriously! :) thanks so much for taking the time that you do to do it all! I have been looking for something for Southern CA as I am totally new to really realizing the power of couponing–if that makes any sense :) I just couldn’t figure out how all these people were having such awesome totals and me with my coupons were not making a dent. All this to say I have loved the things i’ve found this week for other places but had found nothing helpful for where I shop – Vons and Ralphs. I just really appreciate all you do! one thing I don’t understand if you load ecoupons, can you still pair like store coupons or regular manufacture coupons with it? sorry so long!

Danielle Roth June 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I have a question. When using a coupon that for example says “buy two (brand) and get .55 off”. Can you use two coupons for the two items you have to buy in order to get the discount. Let me know if this doesn’t make sense.
Thanks,
Danielle

Jess June 17, 2011 at 7:29 am

You would need to purchase 2 items to use one, $0.55/2 coupon :)

Sv June 18, 2011 at 11:07 pm

I have never done couponing at Ralph.
Whenever I have a coupon, will it be doubled or is there a special day for doubling? Or do I need a double coupon like Albert sons to double a coupon? Thank you in advance.

Jess June 19, 2011 at 8:13 am

Ralphs will automatically double coupons for you :) Here are the rules according to their coupon policy:

- Manufacturer coupons of $0.50 or less will be “doubled”.
- Manufacturer coupons of $0.51 – $1.00 will be redeemed for $1.00.
- Manufacturer coupons over $1.00 will be redeemed at face value.
- A limit one (1) coupon per household for each item will be “doubled” or have its value increased to $1.00.
This does not apply to “free,” Catalina, Ralphs, Retail Food Store coupons, electronic coupons on a Ralphs Rewards card, or items prohibited by law (fluid milk, all liquor, and tobacco).

Danielle Roth June 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I don’t think I explained myself right. I know this is confusing so I will try to explain. For example you have a coupon for yogurt but you must buy for. Could you use four of those coupons on the four separate yogurts you have to buy?
Thanks!