Vons: Safeway Select Complete Meal $4.99!

by Jess on March 23, 2011

Safeway Select MealHere’s a crazy hot deal for those of you that were lucky enough to get your hands on the Vons Frozen Foods Coupon Booklet! These have long since disappeared from my store, but you may luck out and find some hanging out at the Customer Service desk.

This week there is a $5 off $15 frozen foods purchase coupon in the Vons ad. Take the $9.99 Safeway SELECT Complete meal coupon that can be found on the first page of the Vons Frozen Foods Coupon Booklet and work this deal:

Buy (1) Safeway SELECT Appetizer (8-oz.) | $3.29
Buy (1) Safeway SELECT Skillet Meal (24-oz.) OR Family Size Lasagna (32 to 38-oz.) | $7.19
Buy (1) Safeway SELECT Dessert (9 to 14.8-oz.) | $5.49
Subtotal: $15.97
- $5/15 frozen foods in-ad coupon
- $9.99 coupon from Vons Frozen Foods Coupon Booklet (-$5.98)
Final Price: $4.99 for everything!

It’s important to note that you will need to hand over the $5 off $15 coupon first so your total doesn’t drop under the $15 spending requirement. Also, watch the pricing on the items because not all of the appetizers, desserts, & meals are priced the same. The prices referenced above are what is listed online in my area, Ventura County.

Check out more deals at Vons this week here!

(Thanks, SlickDeals)

Harry Martin March 24, 2011 at 12:05 am

Sweet! Thanks for the great scenario!!

Harry

Karen March 24, 2011 at 6:58 am

Wow, this sounds interesting, I am going to try it today!!
Thanks!

Stephanie March 24, 2011 at 7:19 am

Great! I was waiting for someone to come up with a great scenario. Thank you!

Chrissy March 24, 2011 at 9:06 am

This is a great idea! Has anyone done it yet? I’m a little confused…wouldn’t it come out as $9.99? The price would begin as $15.97. Take away the $5/$15, which leave it as $10.97. Give the $9.99 coupon, wouldn’t it just go to $9.99? I hope I’m wrong, because $4.99 would be a great deal!

Julie March 24, 2011 at 10:01 am

I just came home from VONS, and this does work! The $9.99 coupon brings the price of all three items down so it equals $9.99, but the $5 off the $15 comes off the $9.99, so in the end all three items do cost $4.99. (i hope that made sense).

However, the prices at my store in San Diego before the coupon was used were $2.99 for the appetizer, $6.99 for the skillet, and $4.99 for the dessert, which leaves you $0.03 short of the $15 minimum so you’ll need a filler though.

I had an IP coupon for $1 off any stouffer’s entree from a while back (expires 3/31/11) and they have the french bread pizzas on sale for $2, so just $1 after the coupon! It made a great filler. If not, there’s always the coupon in the frozen foods booklet for a 12 pack of lucerne ice cream bars for $1.99.

Jess March 24, 2011 at 10:30 am

Woohoo! Thanks for the report, Julie! Another great filler idea could be one of those individually wrapped burritos or even a small ice cream cup too.

Chrissy March 24, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Yay! I’m glad to hear I was wrong. What kind of dessert did you buy? I tried to do the $9.99 coupon a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t find a Safeway dessert that fit the size guidelines. Thanks for your help!

Julie March 24, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I bought the 30ct. cream puffs!

Lynd March 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Does anyone have any experience redeeming their $5/15 with a credit to their account of $5 (a credit I got from Vons when my $5/15 coupon didn’t scan last time)? I’m really excited about this deal and would like to know if I can still do it. I hope someone can confirm that the $5/15 coupon comes off first then the $5 credit. :/

Stephanie B March 25, 2011 at 7:19 am

I tried this deal yesterday. It didn’t work for me. The cashier told me I couldn’t use the two coupons because they were both store coupons.

Jess March 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Hmmm….it worked for me tonight. I picked up the Six Cheese Lasagna, Chocolate Éclair and Firecracker Appetizers.

Stephanie B March 28, 2011 at 7:24 am

Yeah, I had problems all the way around the first time. The cashier told me I couldn’t use both Q’s because they are both Von’s Q’s. Also, I had the wrong size appetizer. You have to really pay attention to the size restrictions on the Q. I did go back and try with another cashier and it went through. :)

Curtis March 29, 2011 at 12:30 am

I have done this 3 times already and it works like a charm. I always use self check-out as there is never a line.
I have 2 more of the $9.99 meal deal coupons left so I will use them later today with the $5.00 frozen food coupons.
True, they are both Vons store coupons but neither one says it cannot be combined with another offer or coupon.
There were no beeps at the register when scanning or paying.
As a “filler” item (to get the frozen food total over $15.00), I got a Totinos pizza (50 cents with double coupon) on one transaction, Eggo waffles ($1.00 with double coupons) in another and a single burrito in the 3rd transaction.

The Lasagna is HUGE!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS DEAL!!!

Lynd March 29, 2011 at 11:44 am

Were you able to do this deal using the same Vons card? I noticed the Meal Deal coupon states “Limit 1″, and I don’t know if that means per card or transaction.

Jess March 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I’ve done this deal twice using the same Vons card. The limit is one per coupon :)

Lynd March 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I will try this out again today :)