Target: FREE Degree Deodorant & Body Mist!

by Jess on June 12, 2011

Degree Deal At TargetTarget has an awesome deal on Degree deodorant this week; buy one deodorant, get a body mist for free. Well guess what? There just so happens to be a manufacturer coupon for the same exact deal which you can use to score BOTH the deodorant and body mist for totally free!

Deal Scenario:
Buy (1) Degree Deodorant | $3.49
Buy (1) Degree Body Mist | FREE from store sale
- B1G1 Degree Deodorant or Body Mist, Get One FREE 5/22/2011 RP Insert (exp 6/19/2011)
Final Price: Both FREE!

I just tried this at my local Target and the coupon scanned through just fine and the register automatically took off the price of the deodorant. I will warn you, Target does not mention how they handle BOGO store sales with BOGO coupons in the Target Official Coupon Policy, so you might run into a cashier or manager that won’t let you do this. Like I mentioned, mine scanned just fine and the cashier didn’t need to enter anything, the register just knew what to do.

Wondering how you are able to get both free? BOGO (buy one, get one free) store sales and BOGO manufacturer coupons are great because when the two line up, if your store allows it in their policy, can score you both items for completely free! The reason this works is because the store sale and manufacturer coupon are two totally separate deals. The store is taking the hit on the free item in the store sale and the manufacturer is giving you one for free with the coupon. In short, they cancel each other out.

Katherine June 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm

How did you give the cashier your coupons? In what order?

Jess June 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm

The order doesn’t matter, it will scan through and discount the deodorant ($3.49) automatically.

Mimi June 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Can you also use the .75/1 degree deodorant coupon and make it overage?

el June 13, 2011 at 6:43 am

i also had the same question about using another coupon on the free item for overage?

Autumn June 13, 2011 at 9:25 am

My coupon says you have to buy 2 deodorants to get a body spray free.

Jess June 13, 2011 at 9:29 am

Hmm…there might be different values that were released then. Mine says buy one deodorant or body mist, get one free. The coupon shows two deodorants but the text indicates you only need to purchase one to get the other free.

autumn June 13, 2011 at 9:31 am

Yes. I was looking at Sauve. Thanks. My mistake.

Lulu June 15, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Thanks so much! this worked for me at my Target as well. i got a free deodorant and degree body spray. yay. love free.

jen June 16, 2011 at 6:09 am

Will this still work with the new coupon policy?

Jess June 16, 2011 at 8:58 am

Yes it will.

el June 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

The B1G1 worked for me but she would not let me use a .75cents Manuf coupon as well. I didn’t argue with her or anything but for my own info, was she correct? Thanks!

Jess June 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Hi El – Yes, your cashier was correct. Target just updated their coupon policy the other day and no longer allow a cents off coupon with a BOGO. However, you are still allowed to use a BOGO coupon with a BOGO sale to score both for free.

Tracey June 17, 2011 at 9:59 am

Just a quick question, not sure if I have the same coupon you are talking about. My coupon says BOGO Free, Buy any one (1) Degree Men or Women Premium Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant or Body Mist and get the second one Free. (Up to $6.00).
Is this any degree deodorant or is there a specific kind, I looked at all the Degree deodorants yesterday and could not find “Premium” on any of them.
I am new to couponing and don’t want anyone I am trying to “get one over” on a store.
Thanks!

Jess June 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

I’ve used my coupons so I can’t see the exact wording anymore, but I picked up the same deodorant that is pictured on the coupon. I think it was Motionsense? That is one of their premium deodorants and included in the sale.

Ann June 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm

This worked for me as well!!! I got 6 papers that week, so i ended up with 12 FREE items!!!! Thank you so much for the post, i would have never put that together! :)