I’ve received quite a few e-mails lately from folks having trouble with printing coupons and although I’m not super techy when it comes to stuff like this hopefully the tips & suggestions below will be of some help
Your browser or operating system is not compatible
First and foremost, if you’re using Internet Explorer I highly suggest switching to either Firefox or Firefox. Both of those are free. Internet Explorer is one of the buggiest web browsers out there and is 9 times out of 10 the reason for any troubles you ever experience on the internet. It just well, sucks. Moving on…
Coupon printing on site like Coupon Network, Coupon Network, RedPlum, RedPlum, Target, etc. are currently supported on Windows Operating Systems Vista, XP, 2000, and Windows 7 when used with Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1+, Netscape 8+, Chrome 2+, Opera 10+, Safari 2+ and most MSN and AOL browsers. Printing is also supported on Macintosh OSX 10.4 or higher when used with Safari 2+ and Firefox 2+.
Did you install the Coupon Printer?
You will need to install coupon printing software onto your computer which is what allows you to print those nifty barcodes on printable coupons. This software is free & safe and does not collect any personal information or install nasty things like spyware or adware. You will be prompted to download and install this software when you first attempt to print a coupon from your computer.
If you think you’ve already installed the Coupon Printer and still can’t get anything to print, then you’ll want to check the following:
- Is your anti-virus program blocking the full installation of the Coupon Printer? Make sure to say “yes” to any installation questions until it’s complete.
- You may have set the security settings in your browser too high.
Browser specific coupons
Some coupons, like Bricks coupons for example, have specific links for either Internet Explorer or Firefox. In most cases I do my best to note which link is for IE and which is for FF, but if I don’t make that notation and you’re having issues then all you need to do is change a small snippet of code in the link to fit your browser.
See this link?
The “vg” in this link makes this link work only in Firefox. To make the link work in any other browser just switch the “vg” to any of the others below:
Internet Explorer – vi or wi
Safari – xs
FireFox – vg or wg
Chrome – just leave it, Chrome is awesome and will print anything.
Other Troubleshooting Options
- Download the latest version of Java.
- Uninstall the Coupon Printer from your computer and try reinstalling.
- Check to make sure your default printer is set.
- You may have exceeded the print limit for a particular coupon. Most coupons have a print limit of two per computer.
- Update your printer’s drivers (just search for your printer + driver in google to find one)
- If you’re on MAC you’ll likely want to just stick to Firefox or Safari as your browser.
- If you’re running your computer through WIFI sometimes the firewalls built into the router can be too strong. Try connecting your computer directly to the modem & see if you can print.
- I know it sounds silly, but is your printer on and connected? Does it have paper & ink? I’ve missed both before!