New Years Resolution – Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred

by Jess on December 28, 2011

Jillian Michael's 30 Day ShredSo, like every year, my New Years resolution is to be more active and live a healthier lifestyle. Hands up if yours is too!

This year, however, with my wedding quickly coming up in February, I have even more motivation to make this happen. I’ve already purchased my dress (at a steal, 80% off) and while it fits “ok”, I need to lose about an inch to make it look fabulous (or pay for alterations). My game plan? Starting January 2nd I’ll be doing the Jillian Michael’s 30-Day Shred.

I’ve done this series of workouts once before and they nearly killed me, but in a good way. Each workout is only 20 minutes so it’s perfect if you get easily bored. If you’d like to join me, I just checked on Amazon and the 30-Day Shred video is on sale for $7.99 right now, down from $14.98. It has over 2,700 reviews and is rated nearly 5 stars. You can also download it to your computer for instant viewing at $4.99.

Have you done Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred? How did you like it? Did you yell at the tv like me too? ;P

Danielle Johnson via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm

it’s hard to stick with it……. i do better with video games, they keep me more motivated lol

Patti Harmon Tillman via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Yes …my DVD comes in tomorrow!

Cinda Steckbeck December 28, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This works!! I too am restarting it..love Jillian..her yoga is great too. I also love Zumba for Wii…always tones the right places and is fun..no yelling at it like Jillian. LOL!

LisaMarie Waksmunski via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I previewed it on-demand and dang…it kicked my butt! great workout for sure :)

Ayrabeth Oberg via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I have been doing it for awhile and I highly recommend it!

Bri Johnson via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Kicks your butt. But it’s hard on the knees. Hope you don’t have bad knees.

Melinda Wood Hurley via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Done it before and it’s amazing! Best results ever. I’m starting her cleanse and this on Jan. 2nd too. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Kristy Morris December 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm

YES i HAVE DONE IT FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW. RESULTS ARE AWESOME!! Stick with it, give it your all, and you will look and feel so GOOD!!!

Lindsay Lund Opheikens via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I have ordered a few of her workouts so I can alternate so I don’t get bored with the one.

Lilian Lola via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Good luck. It’s really tough.

Janell Hunt via Facebook December 28, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I did that, then the 60 day Insanity program. Now I’m so burned out with DVD workout programs. They work though!

This Frugal Life via Facebook December 29, 2011 at 8:39 am

When I did it back in May I had great results but then stopped because level 2 just kicked my butt :) For those of you with On Demand, sometimes they have free Jillian videos on there too! I’ll have to do some check in posts so we can track our progress and offer encouragement to each other.

This Frugal Life via Facebook December 29, 2011 at 8:40 am

Danielle I’ll have to try the video games. We got Just Dance 3 for the kids (ok, me) and it’s a lot of fun and a great workout!

Andrea Messinger Page via Facebook December 29, 2011 at 9:15 am

It will kick your butt- squats and more squats!